Careers | Director of Commercial Enablement
Location: United Kingdom • Department: Product Management
We’re looking for a terrific Director of Commercial Enablement to join our growing team in London!
We were founded in Oslo in January 2000 after a news article sparked the idea for a feedback platform to bring better insight to business. European expansion followed including the acquisition of a number of other providers across Europe. A ‘Quest’ became synonymous with a survey in Norway in the same way that people still call their vacuum cleaner a Hoover in the UK. Our mobile-first approach was implemented in 2013 to ensure higher survey completion rates. This was quickly followed by the introduction of real-time analytics and dashboards.
Throughout this time we have been innovators in software – mapping organisation hierarchies, offering always-on feedback solutions and creating digital homes for feedback. All of these things allow us to maintain our market leading position.
At Questback, you'll be part of something ambitious, exciting and meaningful. This is your opportunity to make a big impact in a fast-growing company. Do you have what it takes to be a part of the team?
The Directory of Commercial Enablement sits at the commercial heart of Questback, connecting product management to direct sales and other channels, marketing and customers. This role addresses three critical needs for Questback:
- Ensuring the commercial success of in-market platforms, products, solutions, and services, with particular attention to direct sales channel readiness and ability to sell
- Driving the commercial success of a multi-channel approach – the direct sales force, inside sales in some regions (UK initially), partners (Ipsos and Deloitte initially) – and, ensuring that market offerings are commercially ready for each channel
- Providing thought leadership in the VoE space, including connecting webinar and other content to channel enablement, and feeding into the new product development process
Provide thought leadership in the VoE space
- HR and Voice of the Employee advisory across Questback, including competitive positioning (e.g., through research and the provision of sales battle cards), and sales support as needed (e.g., RFP input, sales pitches)
- Be the expert link between corporate positioning, business issues, and the product portfolio
- Clear and active participation in the process to feed market and partner needs into the product roadmap
- Support marketing campaigns and lead generation activities, through the provision of thought leadership content, and the direct delivery of marketing content as needed (e.g., webinars)
Drive the commercial success of a multi-channel approach
- Create one multi-channel strategy with clear ownership, joint objectives, agreed processes, covering direct sales, inside sales, partner sales
- Own the product fit-for-channel readiness checklist and gate (includes direct sales channel)
- Work with product marketing and product management to create channel content and collateral as needed
- Onward evangelism within the multiple channels, including but not limited to partner sales conferences, partner webinars, partner sales sprints
Ensure the commercial success of in-market offerings through the direct sales channel
- Establish a sales academy, formalising existing local and global onboarding, market, company and offer knowledge transfer – for new hires and existing colleagues
- Work with product management and product marketing to ensure that direct sales channel collateral is up-to-date and effective (e.g., through the creation of selling decks, product brochures, demonstration capabilities, objection handlers, success stories)
- Drive internal communications, e.g., Sales Interest Group webinars, Sales Accelerators, Global Sales Enablement Days
- Listen carefully to sales experience with in-market offers, adjusting positioning, messaging, approach, collateral as required
- Maintain HR and VoE industry knowledge, market trends and drivers
- Pro-actively look for opportunities to drive short term sales acceleration activities, e.g., specific land and expand opportunities, local best practice discovery and replication, competitive take-out
- Be the ‘go-to-person’ for VoE and HR expertise for sales and pre-sales colleagues
- Speak at and attend industry events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A strong commercial mindset coupled with excellent presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of employee insight processes or technologies (employee engagement, leadership, and talent management)
- Organised and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Ability to converse equally with customers, sales colleagues and product management
- Excellent influencing, leadership and communication skills - particularly within matrix style organizations
- Ability to serve as external spokesperson for Questback
- Ability to establish a trusted advisor relationship with customers
- Ability to work independently and lead cross-border collaboration assignments
- Ability to build stable internal working relationships, and create formal networks with key decision makers
- Ability to work on issues that impact selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies
- Bachelor’s degree OR an equivalent educational qualification
- Minimum of five years’ experience consulting on, delivering, or selling employee insight services or technologies, or equivalent HR sector experience
- Experience delivering, or supporting the delivery of, employee engagement initiatives to support organisational objectives (desirable)
- As an expert in the field, experience using professional concepts and company objectives to develop resolutions to critical issues
- Experience interacting with, and presenting to, all levels of management/staff across all organizational lines
- Understanding and translating complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences
- Experience acting independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Strong experience working in partnership with leaders and colleagues to drive results
- Public speaking
- Increased confidence and effectiveness of the direct sales channel and able to sell products that customers can’t wait to get their hands on
- A clear and operational multi-channel strategy, and increased traction and revenue realisation with channel partners
- Be recognised as a credible and expert employee insight advisor by our customers (and ideally the market).
- Raised level of HR and employee insight expertise across Questback
If you believe you’ve got what it takes, we'd love to talk.
For more information please contact:
Nicola Matson, VP Global Product Management
Tel: +44 20 7403 3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is strongly advised that a resume be included with your application.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A dynamic company with a compelling mission
- Positive and collaborative colleagues
- International presence with locations in Europe and the U.S.
Questback provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Questback complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Return To Careers